Employment of Record (EOR)
An EOR is the recorder for the worker but does not have any supervisory or managerial role with the employee. The original employee maintains the substantive employment relationship and is the one who makes all decisions regarding compensation, tasks, projects and termination of contract.
Specifically, a registered employer is a legal entity that:
- Organize all visas and work permits for the employee, thus avoiding delays and refusals
- Provide a registered entity to carry out local and compliant payroll
- Adheres to labor laws regarding local contracts and worker protection.
- Advises the client regarding advance notifications, contract termination rules and settlements.
- It is the interface in the host country between the employee and government authorities.